1. How can organisations innovate to widen their traditional product offering?
2. How can organisations effectively leverage technology and FinTech solutions to optimise client onboarding and monetise their data?
3. Top-down approach - Why leaders should incorporate innovation as part of the DNA of their organisation to empower the workforce?
1. How can regulators and policymakers provide more clarity for better adoption in a rapidly growing industry?
2. What do industry players need to do to be ready for the potential pull of investments?
3. What will the primary opportunities and challenges for digital assets and blockchain technology be in 2023?
1. With the technology now available and scaling, is the subsequent next step customer adoption?
2. How mobile wallets and buy now pay later (BNPL) are shifting transactional behaviour
3. How can companies leverage digital solutions in their retail/e-commerce strategy?
1. How are lending firms improving their onboarding capabilities to cater for younger consumers?
2. How alternative data is powering SME and consumer lending?
3. Why RPA is the right fit for lending processes? How organisations can benefit from its speed, agility and enhanced customer experience?
1. Which potential new revenue streams are likely to succeed? How should companies adapt to stay competitive?
2. Where do leaders in the insurance space have their sights set for growth?
3. How can businesses at varying levels of digital maturity become fully automated enterprises?
1. How to capitalise on the numerous opportunities emerging in the DeFi space
2. How do we build trust in this trustless, decentralised ecosystem
3. How do we bridge DeFi & CeFi?
1. How can insurance companies unlock their full digital potential and move beyond traditional offline channels?
2. How InsurTech is not only disrupting the industry but supporting the traditional insurance companies to embrace change
3. Why change management is important? How can collaborations with tech firms help with closing digital skill gaps?
1. Being “First” vs being the “Best”. Why taking your first steps might be all you need to do
2. How are financial services embracing the Metaverse: Examples & Case Studies
3. How to navigate the metaverse hype. Seeing the wood through the virtual trees!
1. How can AI/ML, data and technology be used in managing and optimising credit risk amidst market uncertainties?
2. What are the new and emerging challenges for counterparty credit risk?
3. What can big data tell you about identifying the changing nature of customers and information across different sectors?
1. Are established Financial Institutions becoming the next FinTechs?
2. Why are financial institutions integrating ESG into their financial decisions?
3. How Hong Kong is acting as a two-way Gateway between the GBA market and the international market
1. Why the standardisation of identifiers and data harmonisation are essential
2. The value of digital identification to regulatory authorities
3. How digital identifiers can accelerate the global digital economy
1. With blockchain technology adoption proliferating across different emerging and important initiatives, from carbon credit trading to metaverse, does Hong Kong have what it takes to facilitate the blooming ecosystem and the demand for it?
2. What more needs to be done to make ourselves more future-proof?
Learn how HSBC's cross-bank division is both investing in Fintech, and becoming more of a FinTech itself
1. Do financial institutions treat digital assets as the new gold rush?
2. How tokenisation will reshape the future of financial markets
3. Why the regulations surrounding crypto can’t keep pace with this ever-changing industry
1. Exploring new opportunities in a rapidly and continuously evolving landscape
2. Impact & Early Success of DARE - Digital Assets and Registered Exchanges Act
3. How Asia can work alongside international regulators to adopt policies that both encourage innovation while protecting investors
1. Global Fast Track brings together innovative fintech companies to showcase their business solutions and connect with regional corporate, investor, and service champions via a variety of activities.
2. Over 400 Fintechs joined this programme. Some of the top companies have been invited to join the Global Fast Track pitching competition as one of the activities. The top 10 finalists will be pitching live to be crowned as the Final Winner
3. Verticals in the Final Pitching Competition include Commercial Banking, Digital Assets, ESG, InsurTech, InvestTech and WealthTech, Payments, RegTech, Retail Banking
1. Early stage funding: How technology enables new way of funding to early stage companies?
2. Private investment: How technology is reshaping the supply and demand for alternative investments / how technology is revolutionising access to alternative investments / how technology is transforming alternative to mainstream
3. How technology enables scaling up of businesses in the primary and secondary market
1. From cutting edge technology live today to many in pipeline : Wallets and payments (using innovative tech CDBC, eHKD, eCNY, within market and cross border), creating NFTs and engaging in the metaverse, developing multi product seamless digital journeys, creating hybrid and connected technology- connecting with our customer online to offline (branches and digital), we are delivering our services to our customers in whichever way they prefer to engage tailored to your needs
2. We are using technology to support our community – from a social and climate perspective (the best online inclusive digital capabilities, teaching and training in the community, supporting our diverse client needs etc)
1. The evolution of the Financial Sector: Technology adoption, cybersecurity, Web3 and the metaverse.
2. Why the right governance, regulations and incentives are the foundations for growth across the GBA.
3. How to assess risks whilst embracing technology to scale up your operational resilience and digital strategies
In today's data-driven world, how can we make use of current market resources together with the latest development environment, to drive better business and innovation outcomes?
In today's data-driven world, how can we make use of current market resources together with the latest development environment, to drive better business and innovation outcomes?
1. CDI pioneering banks to share their success stories and achievements riding on alternative data
2. The current pain points in commercial banking and the demand for cross-border data
3. How cross-border data can benefit banks in Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area (GBA), and other enablers in unlocking the potential of CDI
1. Why is retail CBDC important to today's central bank and monetary authorities?
2. What are some of the technical and policy challenges in implementing a retail CBDC?
3. What can we expect from the future work on retail CBDC?
1. How have payment habits evolved from baby boomers to millennials
2. Why partnering with a FinTech/Tech firm might be the most cost-efficient way to reach new customers and unlock new technology access
3. How are crypto and digital dollars playing their part in the future of payments?
A fireside chat on building FinTechs and digital businesses in Standard Chartered, including Mox Bank and Trust Bank, and a discussion on the future of banking through the lens of technology.
1. Leading data companies to share their perspectives and visions on CDI
2. How these companies work with banks to meet customer's demand in the face of challenges
3. How the emergence of new technologies and launch of CDI encourage businesses to co-develop a new data ecosystem
1. How are firms advancing their digital agenda across technology and operations?
2. How are priorities shifting based on market conditions and the regulatory agenda?
3. Are challenges emerging from the ongoing use of global operating models and legacy systems?
1. Should Financial organisations rush into the metaverse?
2. How can institutions capitalise on the metaverse opportunities?
3. Property sales, development, and growth in the virtual world
1. How a structured and balanced ESG strategy can deliver long-term value creation
2. How technology can support the alignment of your lending and investment strategies
3. Understanding the reputational benefits of ESG and the risks of inaction
1. Why is cloud-based infrastructure so crucial in the hybrid-working era?
2. What are the ways to tackle emerging cloud breaches and cyber threats?
3. Why are we seeing more financial institutions entering a strategic partnership with cloud providers?
1. How are banks adapting to new digital realities to thrive and excel?
2. What’s the role of banks and how is it changing with respect to the economy of the future?
3. How are banks innovating to stay competitive and adjust to the success of FinTech firms and super apps?
4. How are you thinking about AI and data at your bank? Is “date the new oil”?
5. There are a lot of speculations about digital assets, are they over-hyped or do you see real value for the future?
1. How can Hong Kong create a competitive advantage by developing a robust data ecosystem?
2. What does a free flow of data trading mean for businesses and the global economy? Will this increase the vulnerability to cyber-attacks?
3. How does Hong Kong Commercial Data Interchange (CDI) benefit SMEs, and what can other regions learn from this?
1. Understanding ecosystem and policy characteristics of Korea's FinTech Industry
2. Sharing the process of Korean Fintech companies entering Hong Kong market
3. Sharing the experience in attracting investment in the Hong Kong market
Global Fast Track (GFT) brings together innovative fintech companies to showcase their business solutions and connect with regional corporate, investor, and service champions via a variety of activities including a pitching competition. We will be crowning our GFT Final Champion, and presenting the awardees for the CBDC Track exclusively powered by the HKMA.
1. How can Hong Kong tap into ESG and green finance opportunities? What are the challenges down the road?
2. What kind of ESG strategies the finance sector should adopt to respond to the trend?
Experience a selection of exciting FinTech companies, with a broad range of solutions, showcasing their business in fast-passed pitches. You can also visit their booth in our startup zone
1. How is Technology Empowering the Securities Industry?
2. Digital Transformation Trend in the Securities Industry.
3. The Development of the Securities Industry: Technology, Transformation, and Future Trends.
1. How to establish a globally competitive innovation and technology hub
2. How Hong Kong is acting as a two-way Gateway between the GBA market and the international market
3. Exploring the cross-boundary funding and opportunities
1. With everything going digital, why we should expect to see a rise in ransomware & phishing and how to protect yourself?
2. How to utilise real-time monitoring & analytics and share the responsibility for fighting financial crime
3. How can we better protect our digital assets?
1. Live examples of cross-industry collaboration using Open API
2. Explore future potentials of Open Finance
3. Discuss the role of participants in the Open Finance ecosystem
1. Escaping from Big Tech’s control. Could Web3 be the privacy panacea
2. Why an intelligent internet powered by Machine Learning matters
3. Why data ownership and creativity have grown in importance.
1. How can leaders build a customer success function and mindset at an organisational level?
2. How do companies look at designing a winning growth strategy that is customer-centric to maximise the capital gains?
3. How can organisations tap into and integrate the different data silos to create better customer experiences?
1. Has crypto reached a gold standard worthy of investors' view as a long-term strategy? How can we tap into the investment opportunities in the crypto ecosystem today, and what are the risks and the rewards?
2. What is the value of the crypto ecosystem and its potential to decentralise finance with leading crypto exchanges and financial services companies?
3. Why digital asset custody is much more complex than safekeeping traditional assets? Would the entry of traditional financial institutions shake up the custody game?
1. Could enterprise blockchain still survive against the growth of public blockchain protocols?
2. How could enterprises build high-performing blockchain applications to overcome scalability issues and surpass user milestones?
3. Is there a need to define standards to enable the interoperability of enterprise-grade blockchain?
1. How innovation can be the critical driver of ESG
2. Why social impact needs to be demonstrated and not merely implied
3. How ESG and sustainable finance are ‘impacting’ decision making, and why is it important
1. Continuous digital transformation: How can institutions avoid technology traps and realise their full potential
2. How can leaders drive the use of disruptive innovation at an organisational level?
3. How emerging technologies could rekindle Hong Kong’s economic growth in the post-COVID era
1. What is eMPF Platform and why is it vitally important?
2. How will eMPF Platform reshape the ecosystem of Hong Kong’s pension/MPF System?
3. What are the implications of eMPF Platform to the Fintech industry?
Web3 is often discussed as a consumer led evolution of the internet. What is less discussed is the impact it will have on businesses and the world of work.
This session will highlight how we see Web3 transforming the way that corporates, and each of us, do business, as well as what companies should be considering to prepare for this.
1. How to effectively integrate RegTech solution into onboarding, KYC, and AML processes?
2. What are the main challenges of digitalising KYC and AML processes? Why is it crucial to digitalise such processes?
3. How can organisations balance security and strong customer authentication with a fast and seamless onboarding experience?
1. How does technology serve billions of users and help in facilitating the cross-boundary flow of data, talent and knowledge?
2. Digitalisation in cross-boundary securities trading services (challenges and use cases)
3. What does the future look like for digitally-enabled activities in a globalised market?
1. How are NFTs being used as a diversifier in investment portfolios and how is blockchain gaming changing the way people earn
2. How can NFTs and blockchain gaming bridge the gap between consumers and creators
3. How are institutions adapting to this new trend and building their business strategies around it
4. NFT-use case in fashion: How brands can brings fans and customers from the virtual to the physical world
1. Why having a proper ESG compliance is crucial for institutions? From making better decisions to maximising profit gains
2. What are the roles and responsibilities of our compliance, human resources and risk management professionals? How does it impact your compliance program?
3. How can institutions better exercise the 'S' aspects in ESG? Including human rights, modern slavery, corporate security, diversity etc
1. How to leverage the GBA to solve Financial Industry talent challenges
2. How can collaborative government & corporate policies make it easier for talent mobility & transfers across the GBA
3. Identifying the training & knowledge required for the financial workplace of the future
1. mBridge vision of faster, cheaper and more accessible cross-border payment
2. Highlights from the hot of the press mBridge pilot and report
3. Discussion of the road ahead
1. Why crypto exchanges, organisations and regulators are all strengthened by effective governance
2. Will jurisdictions that embrace crypto regulation early, reap the future rewards?
3. How to strike the right balance between innovation and regulation in the crypto space
1. How technology & innovation are closing the wealth gap through education & access to underserved communities
2. How digitalisation and Robo-advisors are helping wealth managers in tackling client challenges and changing demands
3. Why organisations should create a hybrid wealth management approach to create an embedded customer experience
1. Discuss evolution of carbon markets and new green finance instruments
2. Illustrate use of blockchain and smart contracts for generation, tokenisation and trading of Carbon Credits
3. Insights on the solutions developed by the two consortia for BISIH’s Project Genesis 2.0
1. Current state of the industry, including key use cases and underlying technology driving RegTech success stories.
2. Why we are only at the tip of the iceberg in terms of realising the true benefits of RegTech?
3. What needs to be done to drive greater RegTech adoption across the industry?
1. What went wrong at the algorithmic stablecoin
2. How deep is the damage
3. The future of decentralised finance (DeFi)
1. How the latest LEI initiatives are reshaping financial transactions and driving cost savings
2. How LEI can maximise benefits in cross-border payment and trade finance
3. Scaling up the use of LEI in Mainland China
1. How partnering with FinTechs can enable you to reach fresh customers in new regions?
2. What constitutes a successful partnership & how to identify the right prospects
3. How to move from a competitive to a collaborative mindset
1. The invisible Metaverse: The Rise of the Robo-Verse
2. Reversing Musk: Human Brain Tissue for intelligent Machines
3. Building Meta-Brains for Metaverses
1. Leading the digital revolution in business banking and how commercial banks are turning the attention to growth and client success
2. The Banking-as-a-Service imperative – Amplifying the client experience with embedded finance
3. Harnessing tech and data to make ESG actionable and accelerate businesses’ sustainability agendas
1. What is Responsible AI & how can you install the principles of transparency and accountability in your practices
2. How to know if AI will create or solve growing talent shortages in critical financial roles?
3. Why the right balance is needed when we allow AI and the IoT into our everyday lives
1. How can founders position themselves for success amidst volatility in tech investing and plummeting valuations
2. Despite the market downturn, many VC firms are announcing new funds; where is the money heading?
3. SPACs, Crowd Funding, IPOs, M&A, what next? - How has investing changed?
1. Has volatility in crypto markets delayed or derailed Mass Adoption?
2. Should regulators develop a framework to regulate the crypto-asset market?
3. Should TradFi go all in on crypto to prepare for the economy of the future?
This masterclass introduces the metrics & methodologies to evaluate an organization's dependency and impact on nature; explores biodiversity reporting and the differences between biodiversity protection and nature-based solutions to climate change.
CarbonCare Asia Executive Director, Deloitte
Digital acceleration, evolving consumer expectations and tech advancements are continuing to reshape the fintech industry. Join Worldpay from FIS’ experts as they explore how these trends are affecting the Asia-Pacific region today, and what you could do to prepare for tomorrow.
1. Alex Orechoff
Director Financial Services, Worldpay from FIS
2. Claire MackSenior
Strategy Manager, Financial Services, Worldpay from FIS
Uncover with us what the future of gaming looks like, and what its long term impacts will be for players and businesses alike.
1. William Wu
CEO, Catheon Gaming
2. Lewis Grafton
COO, Catheon Gaming
3. Philippe Ho
Head of Partnerships, Catheon Gaming
4. Brooks Rao
Head of Research, Catheon Gaming
Defining DeFi: An Intro to MANTRA and SOMA.finance. Co-founder of MANTRA and SOMA.finance, John Patrick Mullin, gives you an introduction to the suite of services and products that are shaping the DeFi space and helping to build finance for the future.
John Patrick Mullin,
Co-founder of MANTRA and SOMA.finance
Payment methods, risk management, communication models, and other parts of the financial sectors have all undergone significant change as a result of technology's widespread adoption.Thanks to the growth of mobile Internet, more customers are becoming accustomed to receiving easy services on smartphones and other devices. Telecommuting is also becoming increasingly popular as a result of COVID-19. Online communication between managers of listed companies, asset companies and investors becomes the future trend.In response of this trend, Futu assists corporate and asset managers in connecting with global investors through an vibrant and high-quality ecosystem and diversified communication tools.Futu's ecosystem now has over 19 million users, including individual investors as well as professional analysts, fund managers, financial media, and so on. This new method of investment interaction can facilitate effective communication between funds, listed firms, and investors.
Futu I&E Executive Director, Head of Hong Kong Department
Join the ZA Tech team to learn more about the emerging trends shaping the Digital Insurance space in Asia. You will also gain a deeper view into the key topics of Digital Bancassurance and Embedded Insurance for platforms and ecosystems.
1. Ashton David
Marketing Director, ZA Tech
2. Young Yang
General Manager Southeast Asia, ZA tech
3. Lettie Sin
Business Development Director, ZA tech
4. Christoph Krieg
Head of Strategy, ZA Tech
Explore the capabilities of CMI and how CMI works with its partners to provide customers with safe, stable and reliable financial "digital intelligence" services.
Solution Manager, China Mobile International Limited
This video walks you through the phases of wealth management needs that one will face in a lifetime. Listen to learn more about Quantifeed’s digital wealth management solutions designed with the customer in mind.
1. John Robson
Chief Commercial Officer, Quantifeed
2. Vincent Emond
Client Success Lead, Quantifeed
3. Sharon Tang
Sales Director, Quantifeed
4. Dora Huang
Product Owner, Quantifeed
How to increase client conversions, mitigate fraud and grow consumer loyalty have been top challenges and remain million-dollar questions for every company. Join us to learn best practices that can help position your biz for profitable digital growth.
Director, Head of Fraud and ID Solutions, TransUnion Limited
As a comprehensive and innovative company in the field of cross-border finance and services, LianLian Global links China with overseas markets by serving cross-border corporations, and links traditional industries with the digital economy by payment technology services.
LianLian Global COO
With the continuing surge in crypto-related activities in the APAC region, there is an increased need to update pre-existing regulatory frameworks to make them applicable to these new assets. Additional guidance and legislation is becoming essential for authorities to regulate the financial institutions and other key players in this industry. In the following presentation, our fintech specialists share their views on the recent regulatory updates that impact the digital assets industry across selected jurisdictions in APAC, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines.
1. Samantha Lai
Special Counsel, Baker & McKenzie
2. Sue Wan Wong
Partner, Wong & Partners
3. Stephanie Magnus
Principal, Baker & McKenzie Wong & Leow
4. Masato Honma
Partner, Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise)
5. Kullarat Phongsathaporn
Partner, Baker & McKenzie Limited Attorneys at Law
6. Hao-Ray Hu
Partner, Baker& McKenzie
7. Charles Veloso
Partner, Quisumbing Torres
You probably have heard of blockchain, web3, smart contract, EVM chain, NFT and metaverse…but do you really understand them? What are the differences between Web2 and Web3? Chris Chan, Head of Cybersecurity Research at UD, will share everything you need to know about Web3 with a focus on the security aspect. What are the common web3 security concerns? What security measures should you adopt? Join Chris to find out more.
Mr. Chris Chan
Head of Cybersecurity Research, UD
A surge in the number of governments around the globe pledging clear deadlines to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050 has spurred the development of carbon markets. Carbon markets play a significant role in reaching net-zero by providing a flexible mechanism to help governments and organizations to mobilize resources, manage and reduce emissions more effectively. Nevertheless, how does carbon trading work? How to regulate carbon markets and emissions trading? What are the challenges and opportunities? In this Carbonomics 101 Masterclass session, Prof. Richter from HKUST Business School will explain the international landscape of carbon markets and the emerging global governance system surrounding them. Participants can gain an understanding of the economics and related regulatory frameworks of international carbon markets and impact investing. Prof. Dr. Richter will also look into the relationship between the global financial system, industry impacts and climate change.
Prof. Dr. Ulf Henning RICHTER
Adjunct Professor, Dept of Management, School of Business and Management, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
Just like how Internet applications fully came to its own in the 2010s, blockchain applications are expected to have its own "boom" moment soon, according to Dr. Xiao, Chairman of HashKey. Dr. Xiao also breaks down what makes DAOs so special.
Dr. Xiao Feng
Chairman, HashKey Group
Despite its benefits, staking is far from perfect. One such limitation is capital inefficiency, and liquid staking solves this. HashKey Group explains how liquid staking works, and what qualities should investors look for in a staking service provider.
Head of Ecosystems, HashKey Group
Managing Director, Head of Innovation, Swift
Now, more than ever, companies need to operate and compete at an unprecedented speed and scale. Join us to find out how you can accelerate your IT modernization journey, advance with modern operations and get practical tips that power progress.
Head of Advisory and Implementation Services, Kyndryl Hong Kong
What are the major technical roadblocks standing in the way of realising a decentralised, interoperable and scalable Metaverse?
1. Cedric Lindenmann
Senior Associate IT/IP, Allen & Overy
2. Adrian Fisher
Partner (Technology and Data Privacy), Linklaters
3. Robin Lee
Head of APAC, Napier
4. Nizam Ismail
CEO and Founder, Ethikom
5. Walter Lee
Evangelist and Head, Public Safety Consulting Asia Pacific, NEC
Su Kiang Lau
SC Ventures, Standard Chartered
David Chang, Managing Partner of MindWorks Capital, discusses the role of venture capital in the development of Hong Kong, the benefits of establishing business in Hong Kong, and how he supports entrepreneurs to ensure their success.
Managing Partner, MindWorks Capital
The crypto space has been constantly developing with new projects being launched on a regular basis, so “doing your own research” becomes all the more essential for anyone looking to participate in a project. HashKey Group explains how one can do so.
1. Henrique Centieiro
Senior Research Manager, HashKey Capital
2. Jason Li
Assistant Marketing and Client Strategy Manager, HashKey Group
With consumers having so many choices out there, loyalty does not come easily. In the digital era, we must constantly consider how to keep customers coming back, rethinking financial and non-financial rewards, and how to win consumers’ impressions.
General Manager, Hong Kong and Macau, Visa
In the recent report working with EY, we investigate the SME lending journey and explore challenges faced by SMEs and lenders in recent years. On the other, we look at potential tools for SME lending journey improvement. Join us to learn more!
1. Eric Cheung
Senior Director of Solution Consulting, TransUnion Limited
2. Ray Kan
Advisor, SME Solutions, TransUnion Limited
Southeast Asia is an uprising market with a fast-growing online transaction volume. Yet it is also a segmented region that makes cross-border e-commerce more complicated than others. Payment Asia helps you to identify the pain points and avoid detours when building a business network in Southeast Asia. Our team has decades of experience in the region and now we are using cutting-edge technologies to provide swift, easy and secured services.
Channel Manager, Payment Asia
This masterclass offers an overview with case studies on how data and technologies have disrupted the entire industry, from insurance upstarts to veterans. What we have learnt from the digital journey to help insurers stay ahead of the competition?
Louis LeeInsurance Partner, Deloitte China
Is it really crypto-winter? Custonomy, a startup at HK Science Park’s incubation program, is navigating opportunities amidst a sea of challenges in the macro crypto environment. Come find out what makes Custonomy an exciting venture to take notice and why HK Science Park is a partner of choice for Fintech ventures to develop for Asia markets.
1. Ms. Annie Hui
COO and Co-Founder, CUSTONOMY
2. Mr. Francis Pun
Promotions and Community Development Lead, Incubation and Acceleration, HKSTP
3. Mr. Jonny Cheung
Senior Manager, Incubation, HKSTP
In this Masterclass, our Founder & Managing Partner, Adrian Lai will talk about Web3 social media including problems in Web2 and why Web3 social are getting so important. He will also walk through the opportunities and challenges of Web3 social. Don’t miss out!
Founder & Managing Partner, Newman Capital
1. Mr. Char Kong
Director, Cloudian International (Hong Kong) Limited
2. Mr. Richard Lee
Chief Operating Officer, CryptoBLK
3. Mr. Colin Hong
Co-founder and CEO, DeepTranslate
4. Mr. Kevin Ng
CEO, InnoBlock Technology
5. Mr. Isaac Tse
Senior Manager, Business Development (International), HKSTP
How can organisations create digital experiences and products in the Metaverse to open up new channels for customer engagement?
1. Samuel Huber
2. Alan Lau
Chief Business Officer, Animoca
3. Ujjwal Kumar
Lead architect, Microsoft Technology Center APAC, SG, Microsoft
4. Joseph Ho
Director, Health & Fitness, Brinc
5. Suresh Balaji
Global Head, Marketing & Comms, B2C, Standard Chartered
SC Ventures, Standard Chartered
In this video, we have one of our product managers to take you an office tour, CryptoBLK Limited and introduce our business.
CryptoBLK is a blockchain solutions provider that focuses a lot on building a trusted network decentralized applications suited for the various industries including trade finance, insurance, construction. CryptoBLK as a trusted tech partner to empower companies to unleash your Web3 potential through our blockchain solutions.
Topics of the video cover:
1. The Use of Blockchain and its adoption
2. Industry-wide Blockchain Solutions at CryptoBLK
3. Decentralised applications in the Insurance and Construction industry
4. Public Blockchain Service Projects – Open Permissioned Ethereum
5. The world’s first post-quantum Layer 1 Blockchain system - ABELIANTake a few minutes to learn about blockchain and our company!
1. Odessa Ling
Product Manager, CryptoBLK Limited
2. Tony Liang
Head of Engineering, CryptoBLK Limited
3. Eddie Lin
Head of Product, CryptoBLK Limited
4. Yvonne Yeung
Business Development Manager, CryptoBLK Limited
5. Jessica Yip
Head of Business Development, CryptoBLK Limited
6. Pascal Lejolif
Technical Director, CryptoBLK Limited
7. Adrian Yip
Business Development Associate, CryptoBLK Limited
A masterclass in how to leverage a VC relationship, for a VC founder and team. This Master class lays out 5 things to ensure your VC can provide you in addition to funding.
Head of Ecosystems and Partnerships, Venture Capital, HSBC Asset Management
Financial Services executives are facing pressures to lower IT costs, innovate quickly, and utilise new technologies to design for the future. These pressures are why Financial Services executives are no longer asking "if" they will move to the cloud, but "how" to meet their regulatory obligations when moving to the cloud. Most jurisdictions that regulate Financial Services do not prohibit the use of cloud services, but require a higher level of due diligence from customers who are using third-party service providers, one that is commensurate with the level of associated risk. In this session, we introduce the AWS Shared Responsibility Model along with key security services that allow you to build security controls that are aligned to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework categories: identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover. We will also discuss five common principles related to Financial Services regulation that customers should consider when using AWS cloud services and specifically, applying the shared responsibility model to their regulatory requirements.
Lip Gee Tan
Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services
AI/ML provides the next competitive edge for FSIs in the next wave of digital transformation. In this session, gain insights on how ML can be leveraged to transform financial institutions, from improving customer experience with personalisation tools, to building a secure ML workbench for data scientists to build new models.
Head of AI/ML Asean, Amazon Web Services
How do we balance distributed self-governance with centralized governance in the Metaverse?
1. Amy Zhang
VP of Sales, Asia, Fireblocks
2. Richard Swainston
Sales Director, APAC, Metaco
3. Kanny Lee
MD, Head (SG), OSL
4. Summer Miao
Head of Community, CN (APAC), AIgorand
5. Thorsten Neumann
SC Ventures, Standard Chartered
SC Ventures, Standard Chartered
AI Strategy and Talent: What you need to know in 2022
1. Philipp Gschoepf
2. Lu Sun
Join us for a short masterclass that explores the world of Sophia Woman – a female financial education platform. One of the founders, Nicole Denholder shares with us top tips that female should consider before breaking into the investing world. In just 10 minutes you will know the critical steps before investing and be inspired to learn more.
Co-Founder, Sophia Women
Group and ASP Head of Customer Intelligence and Partnership, HSBC
At BOCHK, we know that today’s customers are looking for more than just a bank. By harnessing the massive power of Big Data Artificial Intelligence (BDAI), BOCHK has introduced a “Segment-of-One” Hyper-Personalised Strategy. This offers customers a personalised service that goes beyond traditional segmentation based on asset value, and instead aligns to their individual financial needs and life stage, etc. It also provides tailor-made communications and bespoke financial solutions at the right moments, through digital channels and frontline staff. In this masterclass, BOCHK’s professional team and market experts explain how the Bank has harnessed technology to empower customers and simplify their lives.
1. Dick Ho
Deputy General Manager, Personal Banking and Wealth Management Department, Bank of China (Hong Kong)
2. Franklin So
Assistant General Manager, Head of Customer Intelligence Division, Personal Banking and Wealth Management Department, Bank of China (Hong Kong)
3. Amy Chiu
Assistant General Manager, Head of Marketing Division, Personal Banking and Wealth Management Department, Bank of China (Hong Kong)
4. Frankie Leung
Partner, Bain & Company
5. Herbert Lee
Partner, Bain & Company
Pitching to a CVC and looking to form partnerships with a bank can be challenging. The process can be long, complex and opaque, making many startup founder feel lost. This Masterclass hopes to demystify this process and provide some insights and tips that will help a startup founder who is looking to pitch his/her startup to a CVC for funding or form a commercial partnership with a bank find success. The Masterclass covers topics such as how to pitch to a CVC, and how CVCs differ from traditional VCs in terms of how they make an investment decision. On the partnership front, the Masterclass includes some advice on best practices to increase a startup’s chances at successfully navigating a partnership with HSBC. The Masterclass includes input from the HSBC Invest team, as well as useful advice from founders and other senior HSBC stakeholders.
1. Louisa Zhang
Head of Asia Investments, HSBC Invest
2. Matthew Yung
Investment Manager, HSBC Invest
China Telecom fuels Banking, Securities & Futures and Insurance digitalisation with plentiful scenario-based solutions covering Cloud Computing, IT Facilities & Network Integration, Security Management and Intelligent Technology.
Deputy Director of Cloud Core Platform, China Telecom Global
Your data are goldmine. If it collaborated with other organizations' data while safeguarding data privacy, the insights are priceless. Learn how Federated Learning and Alternative Data can benefit financial institutions. Let's break data silos.
Head of Core Credit Solutions, TransUnion Limited
New and revolutionary business models sometimes appear in Finance industry. They are facilitated by evolving new technologies, such as big data, artificial intelligence, blockchain, cybersecurity, mobile networks or the Internet of Things. There are growing levels of investment into startups and the financial technology companies worldwide, creating tens of thousands of new jobs.In our Masterclass, industry leaders will share their experience and requirements to excel in this booming industry. Join the masterclass as we delve into the world of exciting technologies that are reshaping today's financial services from three main points of view: technology, industry development and career opportunities which will help you grasp the key aspects of this transformation.
Digital Asset’s Daml Finance provides institutions with the tools to accelerate the innovation cycle, shorten time-to-market, and build with proven libraries purpose-built for financial workflows and tokenizing assets. Watch to find out more.
Developer Advocate, APAC, Digital Asset
Coming up with a great idea is hard enough, but selling it is even harder! Looking for tips on how to WOW investors and business partners with an outstanding pitch? Listen to these corporate giants and learn super useful pitching tips.
1. Mr. Chris Au Young
General Manager, Data Analytics and Smart Airport, Airport Authority Hong Kong
2. Mr. Rajeev Nair
General Manager, IT Infrastructures and Operations, Cathay Pacific Airways
3. Mr. Jacky Lai
Director Digital Product Management, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
4. Prof. Stephen Lau
Director of Research, LWK + PARTNERS
5. Mr. Andy Ng
Principal at MTR Lab
6. Mr. Teddy Liu
General Manager - Group Audit & Management Services, New World Development
7. Mr. John Liu
Head of Digital Service, Schneider Electric Hong Kong
8. Dr. Raymond Yau
General Manager of Technical Services & Sustainable Development (TSSD), Swire Properties Ltd
In recent years, many central banks around the world have begun to explore and study the potential of central bank digital currencies (“CBDCs”). In this masterclass, we invited banks from four jurisdictions to discuss CBDCs’ development progress. The masterclass also features case studies and insights from technical tests of the cross-boundary use of the Digital Renminbi (“e-CNY”) as well as the successful completion of real-value cross-border payment and foreign exchange transactions through a pilot conducted under “Project mBridge".
1. Rocky Cheng
Chief Information Officer, Bank of China (Hong Kong)
2. Huang Jinyue
General Manager, Digital Currency Task Force, Bank of China (Hong Kong)
3. Li Xin
Chief Business Manager, Digital Currency Office, Bank of China
4. Chen Jie
General Manager, Bank of China Ltd-Abu Dhabi
5. Pongbhoka Buddhi-Baedya
Senior Vice President and Manager, Global Payment Services Department, Bangkok Bank PCL
Blackhawk Network delivers branded payment solutions through prepaid products, technologies, and networks that connect brands and people. We collaborate with our partners to innovate, translating market trends in branded payments to increase reach, loyalty, and revenue. In our masterclass, we talk about the market trends for gift cards & vouchers in Hong Kong, the advantages of moving to digital products in this space, and how you can partner with us.
1. Charles Streeter
2. Sally Yiu
3. Doris Lam
Revolutionary advances in AI are shaping the future of underwriting. In this masterclass, we presented a four-step playbook to succeed in the underwriting 2.0 era with leading-edge AI algorithms like Transfer Learning and Federated Learning.
Data Scientist, Haven Technologies Asia
CarGaia is determined to curate a Web3 business in the automobile industry. We connect existing vehicle owners and users to this new dimension, enriching their driving and e-sport experience.
Head of Operations, Car Gaia (HK) Limited
Technology has dramatically changed how investors trade. How do FinTech companies take good use of technology to make investors’ life easier and simultaneously streamline the operation procedure for brokerage firms?
Senior Vice President, FinTech of Eddid Financial
Introduction into the Hedera Hasgraph Ecosystem. The first DEX on the Hedera network supporting swaps between HTS, ERC20s and HBAR.
Senior Manager, Strategy & Business Development, HeliSwap
RD ezLink is an innovative KYC utility that facilitates the building of trust among financial institutions and SMEs, as it is fully certified to ensure both parties consistently comply with strict regulatory requirement.This pioneering solution streamlines the communication process between SMEs and the financial institutions, as it removes the needs for SMEs to handle tedious manual application processes and onsite verification requirement with financial service providers. RD ezLink empowers the SMEs to create and maintain the digital profile of their company within the RD app, taking full control over when and who they choose to share the profile to, anytime, anywhere.The benefits of RD ezLink goes beyond the KYC/CDD process for both SMEs and financial institutions. As the customer due diligence processes can be handled more cost-effectively while maintaining a high degree of reliability, the overall efficiency of the institutions' resource utilization will also see improvement.
Chief Compliance Officer, RD Technologies
Fireside Chat between Max Hsu, Developer Relations at Digital Asset & David Ferrall, CEO & Founder at Finclear to explore how smart contracts and blockchain help facilitate private registry trading.
Developer Relations, APAC, Digital Asset