It has recently come to our attention that some individuals of the Hong Kong FinTech Week exhibitors / participants have received suspected scam emails, which offer the sale of a purported attendees list of the Hong Kong FinTech Week.
In light of the above issue, we state that:
- We take the personal data protection very seriously. We handle the data in strict confidence and in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. We have not and will not share nor sell any personal data to unauthorised third parties. We will continue to take serious measures to secure the data protection.
- We have no connection with such offers. We have not provided any data to these unauthorized third parties, neither have we authorised any party to make such offers.
- We examined the available data from the purported attendees list, and they are falsified and fraudulent.
- We will report this fraudulent and illegal offence to law enforcement authority, and we are working closely with our legal advisors to take appropriate actions to continually protect both your and our rights in accordance with applicable laws.
- Should you receive any suspicious offers, please do not respond to them. You may bring them to our attention and/or to law enforcement authority.
We are currently aware of similar fraudulent offers from:
- Influx Data Solutions LLC.
Please do not hesitate to contact Sheila Ebrahim by phone at +852 2526 9133 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.