Corporate and Investor Champion Programme Terms and Conditions
HONG KONG FINTECH WEEK 2021 GLOBAL FAST TRACK PROGRAMME
CORPORATE AND INVESTOR CHAMPIONS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT AND THE TERMS & CONDITIONS BELOW (COLLECTIVELY THESE “TERMS”) CAREFULLY, AS THEY APPLY TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE HONG KONG FINTECH WEEK 2021 (“HKFTW21”) GLOBAL FAST TRACK PROGRAMME (AS DEFINED BELOW). BY ACTING AS CORPORATE CHAMPION AND/OR INVESTOR CHAMPION (AS DEFINED BELOW), YOU AND YOUR REPRESENTING COMPANY ACCEPT THESE TERMS BETWEEN YOUR REPRESENTING COMPANY AND FINNOVASIA LIMITED (“Finnovasia”) AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
Your representing company and Finnovasia are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Parties” and either one of them as a “Party”.
Each Party warrants and undertakes to the other that it has full authority to enter into this Agreement and is not bound by any agreement with any third party that adversely affects this Agreement.
“Corporate Champions” mean the companies invited by Finnovasia to host 1-2-1 meetings, to consider the business pitches presented by Participants, and the companies who will determine the winner of the relevant Semi-Finals and Global Final in which they are judging;
“Fast Track Village” means the Hong Kong fintech stakeholders and service providers exhibiting virtually at HKFTW21 between 1st - 5th November 2021, who will offer consultations and insight sessions on how to do business in Hong Kong for HKFTW21 attendees;
“HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme” means a series of events organised by Finnovasia including the Pitching Competition, 1-2-1 Meetings and Fast Track Village;
“Investor Champions” mean the companies invited by Finnovasia to host 1-2-1 meetings, to consider the business pitches presented by Participants, the companies who will determine the winner of the relevant Semi-Finals and Global Final in which they are judging, also, the companies who will consider to invest up to USD 1 million into any Participants after reviewing materials submitted and/or presented by Participants and upon thorough due diligence and internal approval procedures, which the due diligence process and internal approval procedures are different in each Investor Champions.
“Participants” mean the companies participating in HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme.
“Pitching Competition” means the competition organised by Finnovasia for selected businesses to compete via Semi-Finals and Global Final, and for the winners of the Pitching Competition to receive prizes and benefits."you" or "your" means you and your representing company, acting as a Corporate Champion or an Investor Champion, the person who is reading this document and participating in the HKFTW21 Global Fast Track on behalf of your company; and
“1-2-1 Meetings” mean the private meetings booked by Corporate Champions and Investor Champions with participants of the HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme.
2. The HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme
Invest Hong Kong (“InvestHK”) appoints Finnovasia as the organizer of the HKFTW21. InvestHK shall not be liable for:
- any and all claims (whether or not successful, compromised, settled, withdrawn or discontinued, in whole or in part), actions, investigations, demands, proceedings or judgments, joint or several, threatened, brought or established against InvestHK, its authorized users, assigns and successors-in-title; and
- any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs, charges or expenses (including all legal fees and other awards, costs, payments, charges and expenses) which InvestHK, its authorized users, assigns and successors-in-title may pay or incur, to the extent arising directly out of any act done or omission by Finnovasia and the Participants.
- The HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme is organised by Finnovasia as part of the HKFTW21. By participating in the HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme on behalf of Your representing company, You agree to accept these Terms between You and Finnovasia and be bound by them. If You do not agree to these Terms, then You must not participate in the HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme.
- Finnovasia has the right to amend, modify and/or add to such Terms at any time, in its sole discretion, with no implications whatsoever that Finnovasia undertake, accept or assume any responsibilities or liabilities to You and/or any third parties. Any amendments will be notified to You by email as soon as possible. Your continued participation in the HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme after the amended Terms that are communicated to You constitutes Your acceptance of such amendments. If You do not agree to any amendments to the rules or procedures, Your sole remedy is to cease participating in the HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme.
- You acknowledge and agree that Finnovasia shall not be obligated to (but reserves the right at its sole discretion to) actively monitor or exercise any control whatsoever over any materials submitted and/or presented by Participants. Finnovasia does not endorse, verify or otherwise certify any materials submitted and/or presented by Participants including any that may be incorporated in materials presented and/or published by Finnovasia.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Finnovasia expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind in respect of the HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, completeness and accuracy.
- With prejudice to the generality of Clause 2.v above, Finnovasia makes no representations and warranties to the accuracy, quality, completeness, currentness, adequacy, reliability or validity of any materials submitted and/or presented by Participants.
- You understand and agree that meeting with and reading and/or watching any materials submitted and/or presented by Participants during HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme does not guarantee Your investment into Participants. You are at Your sole discretion on any investment commitment.
- Finnovasia shall have the absolute discretion to make any decisions in relation to the HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme, and its decisions shall be final and binding.
- You acknowledge and agree that InvestHK and Finnovasia, at their sole discretion shall have the right to record the Pitching Competition (in any format), and broadcast, stream or transmit the Pitching Competition in whatsoever manner (including, without limitation, as a live-stream), as well as allow the public to attend, view, and/or watch any broadcast or recording of the Pitching Competition, either for free or in return for compensation. You shall not have any right to edit, object to or request the takedown of, and shall not have any rights, title or interest in such recordings or broadcasts (in any format whatsoever), and all IP Rights in such recordings or broadcasts are owned by the InvestHK and Finnovasia, pursuant to Clause 6. You shall not be entitled to any part of the compensation received by InvestHK and/or Finnovasia from the public, or any distribution, broadcasting or licensing revenue received by InvestHK and/or Finnovasia.
- All costs and expenses incurred by You in relation to Your participation in the HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme shall be borne solely by You.
3. HKFTW21 Intellectual Property
You will not include HKFTW21 in any of Your announcement, advertisement, publication and press release before sending prior written notice to Finnovasia. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions from Finnovasia in relation to the inclusion of HKFTW21, and to not process with any inclusion that has not been noticed to Finnovasia.
- You agree to not do anything which may jeopardise any rights that InvestHK and/or Finnovasia has, including applying to register any HKFTW21 Trademarks or doing (or permitting to do) anything that may adversely affect the Commercial Rights. All goodwill associated with any HKFTW21 Trademarks will inure to the benefit of the InvestHK and/or Finnovasia (or its licensors).
- Nothing in these Terms will act to license or transfer any rights of either Party, except as expressly specified. You acknowledge and agree that InvestHK and/or Finnovasia are the owner and/or controller of all Commercial Rights and all intellectual property rights (including trademarks) in relation to HKFTW21.
Nothing in this Terms will limit or exclude a Party's liability:
- for death or personal injury caused by its negligence;
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- for any other liability to the extent they cannot be excluded by applicable laws.
Subject to clause 7.i, under no circumstances will a Party be liable to the other for any of the following, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise:
- loss of revenue or anticipated revenue;
- loss of savings or anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of profits or anticipated profits;
- wasted expenditure; or
- any indirect or consequential losses
Without prejudice to Clause 4.i, solely to the extent that any court of competent jurisdiction issues a decision that Clause 4.i is invalid or unenforceable, Finnovasia’s maximum aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with this Terms, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed USD100.
5. Governing Law
These Terms and any matters relating to these Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Hong Kong. Any dispute arising from or in connection with this Agreement shall be settled through friendly consultations between the parties. In case no settlement is reached through consultations within 14 days of the occurrence of a dispute, either party may submit the dispute to Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre（HKIAC） for arbitration. Any arbitration award shall be final and binding upon both parties.
If any of these Terms are held invalid, illegal or unenforceable by any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, it will be severed and the remaining terms will continue in full force and effect as if these Terms had been made without the invalid, illegal or unenforceable terms.
7. Entire Agreement
These Terms contain the entire agreement between Your representing company and FINNOVASIA in respect of HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme.
A failure or delay by Finnovasia to exercise any right or to act upon a breach under these Terms will not be a waiver of that right or breach. Any waiver by Finnovasia of any of its rights or of a breach of these Terms must be in writing, and such waiver is limited to the particular right or breach stated therein.
You may not transfer any of Your rights or obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of Finnovasia. Finnovasia may transfer their rights or obligations to any third party without Your consent.
10. Assumption of Risk
You acknowledge and agree that Your attendance and participation in the HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme is voluntary. You agree to assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
Should you have any enquiries to HKFTW21 Global Fast Track Programme, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.