TERMS & CONDITIONS
HKFTW21 TICKETS – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to Hong Kong Fintech Week 2021 (the "Event")! We hope you enjoy the Event.
The below terms and conditions (these "Terms") apply to the purchase of your ticket to, and your attendance at, the Event, physically and/or digitally (your ticket being the "Ticket").
By purchasing your ticket to and/or attending the Event, you agree to the below terms and conditions (these "Terms") between you and Finnovasia Limited ("we", "our" or "us"). If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not purchase the Ticket.
1. THE EVENT
The Event will be held physically and digitally between 1 November 2021 to 5 November 2021 and will be divided into two elements: (i) the physical part of the Event including main conference, tours and networking which attendees can physically attend at a specific location (the “Physical Event”) and (ii) the virtual Event that attendees can access at a designated online website/platform/application (the “Virtual Event”). Further details regarding the Event, including the proposed agenda, program and location(s) of the Event on each day, are set out at https://www.fintechweek.hk.
2. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND THE EVENT
We may amend these Terms and any Event details at any time – including by adding to, deleting or changing provisions to these Terms. If we do so, we will notify you by changing the Terms on this webpage. In addition, if such changes are (in our opinion) reasonably material, we will give you reasonable notice prior to such changes taking effect.
3. CHANGES TO OR CANCELLATION / SUSPENSION / POSTPONEMENT OF THE EVENT
We may, at any time and for any reason (but acting reasonably):
- make alterations to the programme, agenda, speakers, venue, dates, and timings of the Event; and/or
- cancel, suspend or postpone the whole or any part of the Event.
Where we make any such changes and if such changes are (in our opinion) reasonably material, we will give you reasonable notice prior to such changes taking effect. We will also promptly update our website to reflect any such changes.
Your Ticket grants you access to the Event and not for any specific activities or speakers.
4. YOUR TICKET AND THE EVENT
To attend the Event, you must hold a valid Ticket.
Your registration for the Ticket to the Event is only confirmed upon our receipt of your payment. All fees for the Tickets are payable in U.S. Dollars.
For General Pass, you are allowed to cancel your order regardless of when you purchased your pass:
- If you cancel by 15 September 2021 HKT 23:59pm, you’ll get a refund of the amount paid, we will withhold 15% of the paid amount as processing fee;
- After 15 September 2021 HKT 23:59pm, we will not provide a refund.
For Digital Only Pass, all payment is non-refundable, and all passes are non-transferrable.
At any time if we decide to cancel the Event due to any reason, we will make an announcement regarding the ticketing issue asap.
All attendees to the Physical Event must follow the health and safety measure of the Event, including protocols in line with the Hong Kong Government and Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) requirements and guidelines as set out on https://www.fintechweek.hk.
All attendees are required to either scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” QR code at the show venue or register their names, contact details and the dates and times of their visits every time they enter the exhibition halls, and readily display them to the checkpoint staff.
All attendees are required to undergo infrared temperature check before entering the HKCEC. Attendees with high temperatures at or over 37°C will be denied entry. The venue operator shall have the right to refuse access to any person displaying any COVID-19-like symptoms such as fever (≥37°C), cough, sore throat or shortness of breath).
Face masks must be worn in all areas inside the venue. All attendees to the Physical Event must be in business or smart casual attire. We may refuse entry to anyone deemed inappropriately dressed.
All Tickets for Physical Event are non-transferable after 29 October 2021 HKT 23:59pm. The passes representing the Tickets have to be worn at all times during the Physical Event. All participants are advised to bring along personal identification, as security checks may be carried out at our discretion.
By attending the Virtual Event, you acknowledge and agree that you choose to participate in a designated third party live streaming website/platform/application, and will be subjected to third party terms and conditions. We are not responsible or liable to these third party sites, and you should review any terms and conditions when entering these third party sites.
The login representing the Ticket to the Event is for your personal and non-commercial use only which may not be shared with individuals besides yourself. For the duration of the Virtual Event we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access the Virtual Event and view the content. Except for this, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you.
Access to the Event requires compatible devices, and certain software (including third party software) may be required or may need updates, and your view of the Virtual Event may be affected by the performance of these elements. You must have a high speed internet connection in order to access the Virtual Event. When accessing the Virtual Event through a mobile network, your network or roaming network will apply fees for data usage.
We may prohibit any person from attending the Event for any reason (acting reasonably) and we shall not be liable to any refund or compensation.
5. TRANSFER OF TICKETS
Downgrading of registration will not be accepted.
Physical Event Attendees may nominate another person from their organisation (at no additional cost) to attend on their behalf up to three (3) days prior to the start of the Event (29 Oct 2021 HKT 23:59pm) on the ticketing platform. Failure to do so may result in the replacement being barred from entering the Event. No refund of the registration fee will be made for cancellations without substitution, or for "non-attendance".
6. VISA REQUIREMENTS/INVITATION LETTER
It is your sole responsibility to ensure that you can attend the Event, including ensuring that you have the appropriate passport, visas, quarantine requirement and insurance for attending the Event. If you require a visa to attend the Event, please allow sufficient time for the visa application procedure.
To receive an invitation letter for the Event, you must first register and pay for your Ticket in full. After that, you can request by sending an email to email@example.com for an invitation letter.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All rights to the Event belong to us, including any commercial rights and intellectual property rights arising from or in relation to the Event. Nothing in these Terms will act to license or transfer any rights of either party, except as expressly specified.
Taking photos or videos of a limited part of the event is only allowed for your personal use (for the avoidance of doubt, any commercial purpose or use are prohibited).
The Event may be filmed and items used for internet streaming. By attending the Event, you agree to:
- grant us a perpetual, royalty free, worldwide licence to use your actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video and/or audio recording of the Event (or any part of it), in any media (e.g. in future marketing materials). If you have any concerns about this, please notify us prior to attending the Event; and
- being filmed by police or security staff for the purpose of ensuring public security at the Event and preventing crime.
8. BADGE SCANNING
You may be asked to scan your pass with us or at exhibition booths or session rooms throughout the Physical Event. Such sharing of your personal information is optional.
9. DATA PRIVACY
By registering for the Event, you agree that your personal information as stated in the registration form and provided by you during the Event may be collected, used and disclosed by us (including our partners and authorised agents) for the purpose of the Event, including the facilitating and processing of payment and for business matching.
All Ticket holders will automatically be part of the Event app, your profile (your Ticket holding name, company and title) will be discoverable and visible in the app to the other Event attendees. If you wish to be excluded, you can make adjustments within the Event app.
We will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense arising in any manner, except:
- for any death or personal injury caused by our negligent act or omission; and
- to the extent required otherwise by applicable laws.
We are not liable for any loss arising from any cancellation or postponement of the Event for any reason, including where such cancellation or postponement is due to reasons outside of our control.
You are responsible for your own valuables, and we will not be liable for any loss or damage to personal property brought to the Event.
Views expressed by all speakers at the Event are their own. We are not liable for any advice given or views expressed by any speakers or in any materials provided to attendees.
11. PROHIBITED MATERIAL AND BEHAVIOUR
We prohibit the following from the Event:
- illegal drugs, substances or materials;
- any political materials;
- any unauthorised materials for trading (including any goods or items using unauthorised event logos or brands); and
- any other item which (in our opinion) interferes with the safe or effective operation of the Event.
We prohibit the following behaviour at the Event:
- unauthorised photography or use of recording equipment and zoom lenses, audio visual or cinematographic devices;
- unauthorised merchandising;
- harassment which includes verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention; or
- any other act which (in our opinion) interferes with the safe or effective operation of the Event.
We may reject any Event attendee that breaches this clause 11 and we shall not be liable to any refund or compensation.
12. FORCE MAJEURE
We are not liable for any delay or failure to perform these Terms (including hosting the Event) to the extent such delay or failure is caused by any Force Majeure Event. For the purposes of these Terms, "Force Majeure Event" means any circumstance outside of our reasonable control, and includes the following:
- acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster;
- epidemic or pandemic;
- terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations;
- any law or any action taken by a government or public authority;
- collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident;
- any labour or trade dispute, strikes,industrial action or lockouts;
- non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors;
- interruption or failure of any utility or public transportation service in Hong Kong;
any event outside of our control that has an adverse effect on the Event,including:
- any public demonstration or protests; or
- any governmental action that has a material adverse effect on the Event; and
- any other circumstance outside of the Organiser's control that leads the Organiser to believe (acting reasonably) that the Event cannot be safely or effectively hosted, or where significant changes would need to be made to the Event in order for it to be hosted.
We may assign any of our rights and obligations under these Terms to any third party.
These Terms are governed by Hong Kong law, and any disputes arising out of these Terms are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong Courts.